Plug-in applets will not run after installing a java update. How do I fix this?
1) Launch the Java Preferences Utility from Applications -> Utilities -> Java Preferences.
2) Go to the Advanced tab and make sure that all options under the Debugging tab are selected.
3) Quit the Java Preferences Utility and then launch the Disk Utility (Applications -> Utilities -> Disk Utility).
4) Select the boot drive and run the Repair Permissions function.
5) Wait for the Repair Permissions action to finish, then reboot your machine, open a notebook, and add a plug-in applet entry. It should work this time.
Click here to return to the main FAQ page.
Report a Bug, Ask a Question or Send Feedback
Lost a License? Click Here to Retrieve it!